I love reading motivational or inspiring quotes. Depending on where you are at in your life, the beautiful words you read can have endless meanings.
Making time for ourselves can be difficult when we have so many demands in our lives but it is actually the best thing you can do for yourself and those around you.
Here are a few quotes to inspire more self-love in your life. To make these quotes really work for you, you may like to write the ones that resonate with you the most in your calendar or set them as a reminder in your phone each day. You may like to write it in your journal, add it as a screen saver or simply write it on paper and keep it close by. Which one speaks to you the most?
- When a woman becomes her own best friend life is easier. – Diane Von Furstenberg
- We are each gifted in a unique and important way. It is our privilege and our adventure to discover our own special light. – Mary Dunbar
- To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Most of the shadows of this life are caused by standing in one’s own sunshine. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Love is the great miracle cure. Loving ourselves works miracles in our lives. - Louise L. Hay
- Plant your own garden and decorate your own soul, instead of waiting for someone to bring you flowers. - Veronica A. Shoffstall
- To love oneself is the beginning of a life-long romance. – Oscar Wilde
- Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes. – Carl Gustav Jung
- Because one believes in oneself, one doesn’t try to convince others. Because one is content with oneself, one doesn’t need others’ approval. Because one accepts oneself, the whole world accepts him or her. – Lao-Tzu
- There came a time when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. – Anaïs Nin
Do you have a favourite self-love quote? Please share it with us in the comments.